Sunday, February 6, 2011

Go Steelers! (Day 6)

I won't pretend to know anything about football, or claim to have any sort of infatuation with the sport whatsoever. But I used to live in Pittsburgh so the Steelers have my loyalty. For their sake I'm going black and gold for the day. With a bit of tweaking and DIY involved.

1 Black Dress
 +

1 Chiffon Flower Hair Clip
(which I will elaborate on in another post because I made it out of something rather strange)

 +

1 Gold Chain Necklace
(I removed the blue stars with some jewelery pliers)

 =

A Fantastic Black and Gold Dress!

 




Dress: B.Moss, thrifted, $4
 Necklace: free (gifted)!
Flower: free (DIY)
Shoes: H&M, thrifted, $2.50
Ring: Charlotte Russe, $2.50
Total Spent: $9 (Yay!)

Basically, I took the necklace chain and strung it through the waist tie on my dress, and clipped the flower on the waist tie. 

Yes, I did wear a jacket. No, I did not wear tights. Yes, it was a little chilly. No, I don't regret it one bit.

9 comments:

  1. Swoon! Cannot believe the makeover you gave this - it looks SO pretty and unique! And that price! I LOVE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's really nifty what you did with the chain and the flower there! now that's a remix! :) lovely look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome idea! I think I might have to look at all that old jewelery I never wear. This outfit is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great idea! it really transformed the whole outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How creative of you! I always like DIY clothes or modification to clothes cause not only you are able to add a bit of prsonality into your outfit, you are also insured that what you are wearing is uniquely yours. Plus, it's such fun to see it work! Huge applause to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow a whole outfit for $9?! And it looks super great too. Those are AWESOME shoes from H&M. You're super creative with the chain. I love your hair in the outfit too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a fellow remixer who just found your blog via the remixers list. You did such a great job creating a brand new look with the necklace and flower.

    I'm so happy I did, I love your style and can't wait to see what you do next! I am definitely following.

    http://classicnoise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone for the compliments!

    @Thoa: I know! A friend of mine spotted those shoes at Goodwill and knew I'd get them the second I saw them. And that I did. And thanks, if I had enough time in my life I'd curl my hair more often. :)

    @CindyRex: I have so many old necklaces and bracelets that I absolutely NEVER use, I'm glad I finally found a purpose for this one! Now I just have to do something with the rest of them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute dress! and i love the cocktail ring!!!

    www.writingrainbows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete