Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Nice Surprise (Day 12)

I thought I had worn every remix top as of yesterday, but I was wrong! Apparently I'm very adept at losing articles of clothing in my closet.

 Top: Charlotte Russe, $4
Jeans: Ross, $8
Boots: Deb, $10
Scarf: thrifted for $1
Total Spent: $23

A few days ago, I was getting a little worried about making it through the rest of the challenge. I guess I hit a creative low. Rushing in the mornings and staying up late does that to you...but I feel much better about it now! I haven't even worn all 30 items yet (I plan to wear the last unworn item tomorrow), and a third of the challenge is over. I'd consider that a success thus far.

Hope you guys are having a great Saturday!

8 comments:

  1. I really love the scarf. It's such a pretty color and makes your outfit look awesome!

    http://girlintheridingboots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE this polka dot scarf and the lovely way you tied it. So cute.
    Alana

    http://ilovedenham.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! I literally spotted this scarf as I was checking out at the thrift store one day...and the color/pattern was what caught my eye too. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't even know scarves can be tied like that...! It brightens up the outfit so much! I love it! I'm a big fan of adding color to outfits with accessories rather than clothing.

    Oh, btw, I haven't worn 30 items either. Maybe like, 10. But probably because I've only done 6 out of 10 days :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I realized I was planning on wearing black pretty much all weekend, so I figured I should probably add some color in there. :)

    Well, 10 for 6 days sounds better than 29 for 12 days! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. during my first remix i was scared i wouldn't be able to wear everything and then i remembered that wait, i should prolly plan it out. :)

    i still haven't worn one of my tops and a few dresses but all in all, i think i'll be able to wear them all.

    i love your blue polka dot scarf too! it looks so cute with your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to jump on the scarf wagon and go ahead and say how much I love it too! It's such a great accessory that can subtly take an outfit to the next level!

    Side note: I've tagged you as one fo my 7, for the stylish blogger award!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this top ... It's simple and cute. I bet it's a great remixing item!

    ReplyDelete