Saturday, February 19, 2011

Wind = Silly Photos (18+19)

When I misjudge the weather and wear a flowy skirt on a windy day, I have to deal with Marilyn Monroe moments. Except for her it's iconic, for me it's just awkward.

Yes, go ahead and laugh. That's what it's here for. :) These are a little less struggle filled.

 Top: JCPenney, $7
Skirt: thrifted/altered, $4
Cardigan: TJ Maxx, $12 (gift card)
Shoes: thrifted, $2.50
Belt: thrifted, $1
Total Spent: $26.50

 Day 19. I did some creative overlappage of shirts (yes, I'm taking creative liberties with my vocabulary), and turned my purple AE shirt into a fake cropped dolman. 

(outfit linked to Jewelscapes Jewlery's post from Wednesday on jewelry...you can go and see how others accessorized for their outfits there!)
 Purple Top: AE (gift card)
Striped Top: H&M, $8
Jeans: Free (gift)
Shoes: Charlotte Russe, $15
Tights: Charlotte Russe, $6.50
Necklace: thrifted, $1
Sunglasses: Target, $3
Total Spent: $33.50
So...I'm beginning to get a little exasperated by 30 for 30. Early in the challenge, a fellow remixers quit the challenge, saying how rather than promoting creative use of one's wardrobe, this challenge seems to be stifling instead. I keep coming up with good outfit ideas only to realize they involve items not in the challenge, so I'm starting to understand what she means. And I'm developing a lengthy mental list of things I want to buy the second I'm allowed to shop again., which is counter-intuitive to that aspect of the challenge as well. However, I will finish. Already two-thirds of the way there!

One more thought on the remix. I think it's actually making my blog posts kind of dull. I've been putting all my blogging time into pumping out remix outfit posts each day, so I haven't had the chance to post about anything else, and I'm sorry about that, because I know I'd like to see more variety if I were looking at a blog! So in March, I'd like to change things up a bit. Start doing more DIYs, thrift store posts, fashion inspiration posts, etc...because I sort of miss those. Remixing is fun, but when every fashion blog you read is doing the same thing, it starts to get a little exasperating. But just a little. I still love looking at other people's remix outfits.

9 comments:

  1. Bri! You are so cute! And that whole outfit cost only 26 bucks?! Well done! I like all the shades of blue you have going on here, too.
    Thank you for your super sweet comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your necklace, im following you, follow me back please :)

    http://dreamybubblebee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bri I love this skirt! Thank you for stopping by! With your thrifting secrets you must link up to Thrifters Anonmyous below!! I am sure there are many ladies who would love to know or see some of your finds on you blog!!!

    Shana
    ColorBlind

    Thrifters WANTED Link up today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's starting to get to me a little bit now! Stick in there girlie! You'll be great...and that second outfit is pure love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol, i understand how the remixing is tiring. i actually felt the same way the last time i attempted the challenge!

    as for your outfits i'm loving the blue tones of the first outfit and the shoes on the second outfit are killer!

    cute and little

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both outfits! And I feel you on the 30 for 30 challenges but I say keep on at it! Any good ideas you get (of items not in your 30 for 30) you can write down and use after the challenge is over. It's been tough for me too but I'm trying to hang in there!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you mixed similar colors in different shades. So cute! And I'm new to your blog, just wanted to say hi to another remixer! Love our style! (I also have a love affair with polka dots, which kind of explains why I love you already)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you mixed similar colors in different shades. So cute! And I'm new to your blog, just wanted to say hi to another remixer! Love our style! (I also have a love affair with polka dots, which kind of explains why I love you already)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those tights with your shoes!! How clever and cute!!

    ReplyDelete