Sunday, June 26, 2011

J.Crew Refashion!

Okay, I don't want to say I'm officially and permanently back from hiatus, but I had to at least come back to share this:

Top: Made from Old Navy Tank, $2
Cardigan: Free (from friend)
Shorts: Old Navy, $12 (but I used a gift card)
Shoes: Target, $15

See that shirt? I made it yesterday, after going to the $2 Tank Top sale at Old Navy and fetching one of those white tanks. I cut up an XL white t-shirt I had lying around (I got it for free at an event), and used it to make ruffles.



Here's the inspiration for this project, a J.Crew tank that I spotted in the store:

J.Crew Outlet tank, $35
I tried it on and I loved it, but I don't buy things for full price. Instead I made my own and paid $2 instead of $35!

7 comments:

  1. This is a great outfit and I am SO impressed with your home-made ruffles! Glad to have you back even for one post! Awesome job, it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your ruffles! And cute outfit :)

    Kelly
    Enterkelly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rachel: Thanks! I hope it'll be for more than one post...actually, I'm sure it will. Blogging is somewhat addictive in nature.

    @Kelly: Thank you! I love ruffles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! Welcome back!! Hopefully we will see some more posts from you since it's the summer, but there's certainly no pressure for you to update as frequently as you did before! As long as we know you're still alive and well every now and then, I think that's great!

    Also, what a great DIY! I can see why you came back to share!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm... to be honest with you... your version looks WAYYY cuter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!! That is so pretty!!! And so simple, too!!

    ReplyDelete