Saturday, July 2, 2011

A Long Overdue Refashion

I purchased this brand new chambray dress from Goodwill for $4 a few months ago...and yesterday I finally mustered up enough motivation to alter it.

Dress: thrifted, $4
Shoes: Rack Room, $15

I shortened the dress by about 5 inches and used the excess fabric to make a waist tie, because I didn't like the wiry, tasseled one that came with it.

This took less than an hour. Yet it took me 4 months to get around to it...what does that say about my time management skills? Hmm.

6 comments:

  1. Man, at least you got around to it! I have stuff that I've been wanting to alter for years! Hahaha. The results look fantastic! A chambray shirt dress is definitely a classic in the closet! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I have a feeling some of my projects will never get done either. And I love this chambray, it's such a soft material! Yes, definitely a staple for this season. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an incredible transition! Dresses are the best thing ever. One article = a full outfit = less time wasted putting together an outfit!

    xo
    Sarah
    Get Up & Go

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!

    @Sarah: Oh my goodness, you and I must be the same person. I literally sometimes put on a dress just because I'm too lazy to put on multiple pieces of clothing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did with the dress. I'm so jealous of people who can sew! haha

    Audrey @ Putting Me Together

    ReplyDelete