Sunday, July 3, 2011

My First Ever Bag Sale!

Yesterday I had some free time on my hands and I realized that my local thrift store was having a bag sale. I decided to check it out, not expecting to find much because I've never had much luck there. My expectations were a little off. Here's what I got:




The first one is a grey skirt from the Loft. The second one is a navy blue houndstooth pencil skirt. The third one happens to be a J. Crew Double Serge Wool Skirt in Ochre. :)

I've been wanting a Double Serge ever since I started reading fashion blogs...this skirt seems to be the staple for so many bloggers. But it retails for about $90 and I'd never pay that price. Want to hear how much I got it for?

Both the Loft and J. Crew skirts were included in the bag sale, even though they were priced at $18 at the thrift store. Ironically, the other skirt, priced at $5, wasn't included. The lady at the counter decided to be super nice and include the $5 skirt in the promotion, and instead of charging me $4 for the bag, she only charged me $3.15. So the final cost: $1.05 per skirt.

You have no idea how I excited I am right now.

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, these bag sales sound very exciting! What great finds! Practically free! Can't wait to see your Goodwill haul!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooooh... I miss thrifting! Used to do that when I lived in US, now cannot do that anymore...

    LeeAnne, Style N Season
    http://stylenseason.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please educate me whats a bag sale?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @LePetite: Yes they are exciting! Now that I actually have gone to one! :)

    @LeeAnne: I'm not sure what I'd do without thrifting! But I don't know...living in another country would be pretty exciting too!

    @L.Voss: A bag sale is when rather than each item being priced, you can buy an entire bag of items for a set price. So you buy thing by the bag, not by the number items.

    ReplyDelete