Thursday, July 26, 2012

Quick & Easy Skirt Refashion

If you're tall like me, you've probably run across the problem of too-short skirts far too many times. I got this navy bodycon skirt from Forever 21 about a year and a half ago, and I think it's gotten worn twice in all that time. It's just a tad bit short for my liking, and I hated feeling the need to adjust it throughout the day. 

Also sitting in the depths of my closet was this orange cami that I got from a friend a long time ago when she cleaned out her closet. 

Since neither one was getting much wear on their own, I decided to combine them! I cut pieces from the cami and matched them up with the top and bottom hem of the skirt, and added a few inches in the process.


And now I have a color blocked skirt that stands a much better chance of seeing the light day. :)

Cost: Skirt ($6.50) + Cami (free) = $6.50

19 comments:

  1. Neeeaaat what a creative idea!

    Rachel
    floralprintsandcommonsense.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks so much better. Love it

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You are so talented! Makes me want to dig to the depths of my drawers to see what needs to be redone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I find things I never wear all the time. They make for great projects, and if you mess them up it's guilt-free because it wasn't and additional cost investment! :)

      Delete
  4. What an awesome idea!! I will definitely have to try this out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'd love to see your results if you try it out! :)

      Delete
  5. amazing idea -- that skirt is so fab now! xo

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very impressed - it looks fabulous on you!

    Stopping by from Fashion Friday!

    xo
    mel

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great and adds a lovely bit of colour to this outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicely done. Love a re-fashion.

    Nicole
    http://www.momtrends.com/2012/07/summer-outfits-under-100/

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic idea! I love it. I have a ton of camis I should repurpose like that.

    Candice
    http://www.fashionablyorganized.com/2012/07/statement-necklaces-make-the-outfit/

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an impressive refashion! I love color blocking :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Much classier!
    Although, you pulled off the short skirt very well, too. :)
    I much prefer your alteration - nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I liked the original too, it just wasn't practical for wearing! :)

      Delete
  12. You are seriously my hero! I am obsessed with your mad sewing skills!

    Mindy at www.nauticalstripes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks so much! You give me more credit than I deserve!

      Delete
  13. I always love a good refashion. Love the color blocking! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete