Sunday, July 22, 2012

Thrift Overload


This is the pile of stuff I found at the thrift store Friday! So many good finds. Here's the breakdown!

Grey Striped Tee ($3.50)
AE Favorite Button Down ($3.50)

Rose colored Blouse w/Swiss Dot Detailing ($3.50)
Old Navy Cardigan ($3.50)
Forever 21 Cardigan ($3.50)
Merona Cardigan ($3.50)
Ann Taylor Loft Cardigan ($3.50)
Charlotte Russe Cardigan
Merona Cardigan ($3.50)
Mossimo Blazer ($4)
Blue Shorts ($3.50)


Red Skirt w/Eyelet Detailing ($3.50)
Vintage Green Skirt with Polka Dots ($3.50)



Vintage Turquoise Skirt ($3.50)
For the record, nobody needs this many cardigans. But they were all so nice that I figured I might as well get them! My mother has her eye on a couple of them and I may list a few for sale online. We'll see. I just know I don't need like 15 cardigans in my closet.

I'm in love with both of the vintage skirts, and I'll probably just shorten them a bit before I wear them. I thought the blue shorts were a skirt on the racks, and when I realized they were actually outdated shorts I decided I'd make them into a skirt. We'll see how that goes!

I also want to replace the plastic buttons on the dusty pink top...they look a bit tacky as is. Just a thought for another potential project. :)

So what do you guys think? Any favorites from this haul?

18 comments:

  1. LOVE the 'Favorite' AE shirt and Merona cardigan! I have a ton of cardigans in my closet and wear them year round. You should keep them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness, you're tempting me! We'll see, I definitely need to make some room in my closet some how, so maybe something else will have to go instead, haha.

      Delete
  2. My favorite would be the blazer... BY FAR! You can dress it up or down. Seems like you will get great use from it, and the "hardware" on it seems so very trendy.

    Nice finds!

    igetmycraftyfrommymama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the red skirt and the stripe shirt would get the most use if this were my haul. :) I also like a couple of the other shirts like the AE buttondown.

    And the vintage green silk skirt looks like a summery flowy. I might be tempted to shorten it to just above the knee ... not sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, the green skirt is definitely a flowy one! It will probably get shortened like you said, I had thought trying it as it is, but I think it'll be more practical for everyday wear as a shorter skirt. :)

      Delete
  4. I would have totally bought all of those cardigans! And I love the red skirt too! You found a lot of great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow.. great finds ! i freaking love thrift shops! no joke! and you got them at such a cheap price!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love me some cardigans!
    I just found your blog and I love it
    xx,
    Sierra
    Oh, Just Living the Dream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it, thanks for visiting! :)

      Delete
  7. gotta love a great thrift find..my outfit for tomorrows post is all thrifted and I must say..adorable!
    Sheree x
    http://www.itsnotthatdeep.com/2012/07/red.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see that outfit then! :)

      Delete
  8. Wow!! lovely finds!! I love the AE button down, the red skirt and the mauve-purple cardigan!!

    thanks for stopping by and leaving lovely comment on my blog!!

    Would you like to follow each other??

    Love
    Mehak
    www.thedoublemlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought the exact same red skirt last week at our local Goodwill! LOVE it! I wore it with a fitted black tee and some black strappy sandals and it was super cute! By the way, loving the cardigans. They are so addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like this Forever 21 cardigan and this green skirt the most. They are amazing.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the turquoise skirt with the buttons down the front. It's my personal opinion that you can never have too many cardigans!

    Chrissi
    http://fieryfinish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh! So pretty and cheap! Where do you go to?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE the Merona cardigan!!! And the red skirt :)

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beuaty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Why does it have to be 11pm right now? I want to go to the thrift store!!!!

    Great finds. I love the grey striped shirt, the pink striped cardigan, and the red eyelet skirt.

    Can't wait to see what you do with the turquoise shorts!

    ReplyDelete