Thursday, August 2, 2012

J. Crew Cords Refashion [Bootcut to Skinny]


Done altering my J.Crew cords! Bought these the other day from Goodwill (see previous post) because I wanted a pair of cords as well as pair of colored pants. These happen to fit the bill for both. They looked pretty awkward as is, so I knew upon purchase that I was going to have to doing something about it. 

 I always imagined altering pants would be a nightmare, but these weren't bad at all! I just sewed them in along both seams, going the entire length on the inner leg seam and halfway up on the outer leg seam. As shown below w/dashed lines. 



These are about the get worn a lot. Starting today:





Top: Old Navy ($5)
Pants: J.Crew, thrifted ($4)
Shoes: Target, thrifted ($3)

 Cost of project? The $4 I paid for the pants. Which is a pretty good deal for J. Crew, if you ask me.

17 comments:

  1. I'm loving your chic outfit for $12! Dang. And those pants looks amazing. Send me some of your sewing skills!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad they turned out well! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! You made altering look so easy. Those pants look great and have found new life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes, they do look so much better don't they?

      Delete
  3. Thank you for posting about this...I have a pair of mustard yellow flare leg jeans that I want to turn into skinnies...wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I would ever be brave enough to try this on pants. I would probably end up with shorts instead, but yours look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are wonderful! I have never been brave enough to alter pants but I will have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog through pinterest. Love the refashions! I'm now following.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great idea to turn thrifted pants into skinnies! I will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i altered a pair of colored jeans this year too and love them! I love this green, especially with those yellow shoes! and they were all such a good deal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So so cute! I'm loving that color green!! I actually have a couple pairs of pants that I thrifted about a year ago, specifically for altering... but I just can't bring myself to do it. I don't know why I'm so scared of ruining cheap pants?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the yellow with the green! And don't even get me started on stripes... I'm obsessed! Visiting from WIWW.

    Chris
    chubbetteadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look so much cuter as skinnies and perfect paired with the stripes!

    Thanks for linking to What I Wore Wednesday Please grab the badge or link and comment and you're good to go!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those cords and I'm very impressed! I've been wanting to "skinny-ify" a pair of my jeans, but I'm afraid I'll completely ruin them :(

    brenna

    ReplyDelete
  13. These pants are so cute. I love the color. And they look great with those yellow shoes!

    -Mary @ stylethatmoves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi,

    I just found your blog.. quick question :)
    After you make your new seam - do you cut off the excess material that you now have?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this, I love all the refashioning. It is one of my favorite things to do. I would love it if you would do a guest post on my blog.

    craftgeekjj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete