Monday, August 6, 2012

Rewind

I just found this old outfit post that I never managed to post, which is a shame because I love this dress! I got it last year from Goodwill (where else?) for $4. It was a size 2X, so I sewed it in a few inches on both sides. I still left it fairly loose to maintain a fuller skirt. As a result, it looks like a nightgown without the belt. And I may or may not wear it like that around the house. No shame.



Dress: thrifted ($4)
Shoes: Rainbows ($48)
Belt: thrifted ($1)

I'm sort of obsessed with the embroidery. 

Also, excuse my ridiculously expensive flip flops. It's doesn't help that the rest of my outfit only cost $5...but they were a college-kid-who-walks-everywhere-all-the-time-and-needs-good-shoes investment. If that's a thing, that is. My Sperry's and Toms fit into this category as well. They all do a wonderful job of saving my arches and destroying my budget-friendly outfits. 

14 comments:

  1. Love this dress! It's so pretty! I do the same with shoes, but I rationalize that since I wear the more expensive pairs multiple times a week that it evens out. And my feet don't hurt which is important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I'm terrified of developing long term leg/foot problems so I rationalize it too. :)

      Delete
  2. what a great find!! I'm never as lucky with sales and thrift stores! xo

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the embroidery on this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful dress and I love it with the tan accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty dress :) It's okay to have some expensive items, sometimes you pay for what you get xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this dress! I can see wearing this dress when the weather gets cooler with a cardi and a moc boots or a tan boots. Awesome! :) Sometimes I am willing to pay for expensive shoes when I know I will be using it a lot and that something that is of quality, so it is okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so true! The cost versus # of wears on those shoes is probably a lot cheaper than the ratio for some of my cheaper finds, good point!

      Delete
  7. Thank you guys, for all the sweet compliments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors and the pattern of the white stitching!

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey! I just found your blog and I'm a new follower :)
    I love how you wore your rainbows with such a cute dress!

    kianabates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete