Sunday, October 7, 2012

Old Pleated Shirt Refashion!

 I got this outdated shirt from a local thrift store a few months ago. It was purchased in a bag sale, so the cost averaged out to be about $0.27. Pretty good deal, I'd say!

I thought this shirt would need a lot of work, but after some quick alterations it already looked much better, so I decided to stop before I got myself into a time-consuming, unnecessary mess.

All I really did was take out the should pads and cut off the sleeves. I hemmed the sleeves, obviously. I also sewed the sides in a little because it ran big. 

I paired it with my pleated Cynthia Rowley skirt and it looked pretty darn cute. :)  
 
 


 Top: thrifted, DIY ($0.27)
Skirt: Cynthia Rowley ($15)
Blazer: Target, thrifted ($4)
Shoes: Banana Republic, thrifted ($8)

I'd like to point out that these kinds of outdated button down shirts are ridiculously easy to find. So go to your nearest thrift store and you'll probably run across one within five minutes of hitting the racks. :)

13 comments:

  1. I love that shirt! It looks good with the skirt and blazer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute and great buy! Just shows you don't have to do a major overhaul to upcycle a nice piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In that skirt ensemble you look like you stepped out of a sophisticated fashion magazine! Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute remake! We done.

    Igetmycraftyfrommymama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shirt turned out great and looks fabulous paired with that skirt!

    http://fieryfinish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful and nice dresses, i really like it and i find it very interesting, can you share desi dresses i mean pakistani indians sarees and bridal dresses, i like them very much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I fell in love with your blog!And featured you in mine:
    http://theotherside-bg.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/how-to-make-old-clothes-like-new-ones.html

    Keep the good ideas coming!xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks amazing and I love how you've wron it! Great blog, i found some lovely ideas in here.
    B
    http://www.snowwhiteinwonderland.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of the refashioning projects you do. I saw you on pinterest forever ago and you are a huge part of why I started my blog. Keep it up!

    -Kara
    www.whilecamdensleeps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ridiculously easy to find, but sadly not as easy to fix for me! One day I'll learn. One day. It's on my bucket list.

    This outfit is so cute, and incredibly affordable. You rock.

    -Nathy @ Earnestyle

    ReplyDelete