Monday, April 22, 2013

Dinner Party

I threw a fancy dinner party this weekend and had the chance to try out a bunch of incredible recipes. I'll be sharing some of those in upcoming posts, but in the meantime, here are some photos from the event!

I made slips of paper with individual tasks for people to do in order to help with dinner (ex: dice bell peppers, mince a garlic clove, wash the grapes, etc).
Grapes, pesto, olive oil, and a pimiento cheddar cheese spread with orange fig jelly.

Sesame Italian loaf and Morrocan olive bread.
The whole array--bread and cheese platter, southwest quinoa salad, macaroni and cheese, edamame, corn, broccoli, pot roast, and garden salad with balsamic and raspberry vinegarette.

Another shot of food.

Butternut squash and corn soup.
Floated flowers in a bowl.

Pear glazed bread pudding with vanilla ice cream to top, and fruit tart.


I'll be sharing the recipe for the pot roast, butternut squash and corn soup, southwest quinoa salad, and pear glazed bread pudding soon! Keep posted!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the idea of writing little slips with "to-do" tasks. I never know what to say when someone asks, "How can I help?" in the moment. And your friends are in evening gowns? That's the only way to go :)!

    ReplyDelete