Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Get Ready.

Over Easter weekend JoAnn Fabrics had a ridiculous sale, which happened to involve $1 patterns. Considering how these are typically between $14-18, I went all out and bought the maximum of 10 per person.


I know, there's only nine in that photo. Because I'm currently using the other one for my final project in a costume technology class.

I may have neglected that I was in a sewing-based class this semester, oops.

Well, it's fantastic, and I now sew like a real person, as opposed to someone with all the ideas and none of the proper techniques. So this is great. Maybe I can be slightly less haphazard with my projects now!

So this is my current project:


It's my first made-from-scratch dress! Straight from bolts of fabric and spools of thread. I'm so excited. It's going to be great. I'll be sure to post when it's actually done, this is only about the halfway point (it's not even sewn together on the sides yet).

Did I mention it has pockets? I'm so pumped.

Hope you enjoy the little sneak peek. :) 

Earlier this semester I made a simple laundry bag and a kimono that will probably never see the light of day. But perhaps I'll share that with you guys sometime soon as well!

Happy Wednesday!

5 comments:

  1. it's fantastic, and I now sew like a real person, as opposed to someone with all the ideas and none of the proper Wholesale Skirts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'd like to invite you to contribute dessert recipes to my Multi-Bloggers Board: Desserts! If you might be interested, please check out this post which I just published on my blog!

    http://blueeyedbeautyblogg.blogspot.com/2013/04/blogger-announcment-promoting-with.html

    Thanks!! Hope to hear from you soon!

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog
    Exercise Encouragement Group Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress looks great! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's my first made-from-scratch dress! Straight from bolts of fabric and spools of thread. I'm so excited. It's going to mltailor Wedding Party Dresses For Women great. I'll be sure to post when it's actually done, this is only about the halfway point.

    ReplyDelete