Monday, May 20, 2013

Semester Recap

Sorry for the rather long hiatus! I've been in and out of town for the past two weeks on trips and have spent my time doing all kinds of lovely things that don't involve being tied down to technology. I've seen some incredible things in that short amount of time, and learned some pretty cool things that I'd like to share with you all as well. The semester is now officially over for me, so I'm looking forward to actually having the time to do all that, as well as work on some new projects to share with you guys!

I mentioned a few weeks go that I took a course this semester on costume technology. So I thought I'd share what I've made this semester as a result of that:

A laundry bag...



A kimono/robe: 



And last but not least, I finished my first dress made from scratch! 


I used this Cynthia Rowley pattern that I got for $1 during the Easter weekend sale at JoAnn's. 


I took a few creative liberties and made my own matching buttons, added a contrasting hem, and a waist tie. It zips up at the side and has pockets!

If you're interested, the pattern is available here.

I didn't get the chance to document the sewing process with these projects, but if you have any questions, feel free to shoot me an email or leave a comment and I'll try to answer them!

4 comments:

  1. cheap knit dresses I'd share what I've made this semester as a result of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously? This dress is SO awesome! I'm thrilled to have come across your blog. I've always wished I had the skills to be able to score something for next to nothing and then make it right for my body. I guess I'll just settle for living vicariously through you, until I decide to finally take up sewing!

    ReplyDelete