Sunday, June 9, 2013

Creative Layering

Dress: F21, thrifted ($4) :: Skirt: vintage, thrifted ($4) :: Shoes: online consignment ($10) Necklace: Groopdealz ($6)

I wanted to do wear something unexpected with this skirt today, and this knit dress that I thrifted last week had just the pattern for the job. So it got to pretend to be a shirt for a day. This outfit probably wouldn't have worked if it weren't for the necklace and the shoes tying everything together into something at least somewhat coherent. But it worked out pretty well! Experimental success. :)

6 comments:

  1. Nice! I never would have put those patterns together but I like it! xx

    Allie @ callmesassafras.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great patterned matching, and looks cute on you - brava!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right about the necklace and shoes tying together perfectly with the whole outfit. That's a good thrift find too, I only have a few successful thrift visits. I'm visiting from the transatlanticblonde link up..

    Kaye
    StyleKikay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...I love your pattern mixing. And you're right...the bright yellow absolutely ties everything together. I was just visiting, but now I'm following! Debbie @ ilovemylemonadelife.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your effortless ability to mix these patterns and colors- it works so well! I enjoy your posts about thrifting/repurposing clothes. I recently started doing some similar shopping. I like to use some of my favorite styles of party dresses as inspiration and use found or thrifted fabric to recreate some of the outfits I see online and in magazines. Looking forward to more of your posts, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete