Monday, June 10, 2013

Mixing It Up

I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting a little antsy just doing outfit posts. We're going to mix it up today, because there's a whole lot more to life than how to make use of a skirt. I'm always so grateful for how blessed I am by life and the world around me, so I thought I'd share a glimpse into what that's looked like just this past week.




I've been basking in the glory of God's creation and basically frolicking around various bodies of water, watching fireworks, finding baby turtles with one of my favorite kiddos, and crafting it up with some homemade chalkboard paint (sneak preview of a future blog post). Life is good.

I've also made all sorts of interesting/strange/random discoveries across the internet recently Just to name a few:
>> What not to name your children. My favorite on the list is Money. Rosary and Pretty are pretty bad too.
>> Two-ingredient bread. Ice cream and self rising flour. One of my friends actually tried this a while back with peach cobbler ice cream. It was glorious.
>> This is a rather interesting analysis of disapproval from others.
>> How Animals Eat Their Food. If you haven't watched this, watch it. It'll be a good laugh.

Lastly, we'll end with this C.S. Lewis quote that is currently available at 517 Creations as a free printable. Because C.S. Lewis is a beast. And one of my goals is to read all of his books. All of them.

Free printable at 517 Creations

2 comments:

  1. I like this kind of post; I can't wait to read more of your non-diy posts, although I do love those. I'll be reading! And I do love a good link roundup! xx

    Allie @ callmesassafras.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read and reread The Chronicles of Narnia many times ! I've had some trouble reading his other works though, I should give them another try

    ReplyDelete