Thursday, June 6, 2013

Florals and Stripes


Top: LOFT, $15 :: Skirt: vintage, thrifted ($3.50) :: Shoes: AE ($30) :: Belt (free)


Skirt no. 2 that really needed to see the light of day. I don't know how all these awesome vintage/retro/otherwise awesome skirts wind up stuck in the back of my closet. 

I picked this one to work with today because Lucky magazine is doing a mixing prints and patterns challenge this month, and well, this is definitely quite the print. I love it.

This skirt is actually about 7 or 8 inches longer that seen here. I've debated hemming it shorter, but I kind of like it at the longer length as well. Plus, I've been able to wear it as a dress before:


So instead I just rolled it up at the waist a few times and cinched it with a belt. Problem solved. 
Posted to Lucky Community #printsandpatterns

5 comments:

  1. Super cute! Your challenge is inspiring me...except with shoes! I counted today and I have seventy-four pairs of shoes. That is ridiculous! Granted that includes athletic shoes, flipflops and slippers, that's wayyy too many shoes that aren't getting use! I'm gonna try to do this same thing for a week or two with my shoes! Thanks for the inspiration!

    Allie @ callmesassafras.wordpress.com

    p.s. I like the second photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love this skirt! You look so cute :)

    Tiffany Ima
    Style Honestly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute skirt! I love how girly and summery it is!

    Style by Joules

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a versatile skirt/dress :) Thanks for linking up--be sure to add the badge to your post and comment :)

    ✰Transatlantic Blonde✰

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the skirt! If you get a chance, please link this up to my WHAT WE WORE party: http://suburbsmama.blogspot.com/2013/06/wardrobe-wednesday_12.html

    ReplyDelete