Monday, June 10, 2013

Wardrobe Staples

Dress: vintage, thrifted ($4) :: Skirt: H&M, thrifted ($3.50) :: Shoes: Banana Republic, thrifted ($6) :: Necklace: Groopdealz ($10)


I must have a thing for not wearing dresses as dresses...because we're going for two days in a row now. 

Today's outfit is a fantastic combination of a whole lot of great staples. 
Black pumps.
 Chambray.
 Coral.
Classic lace.
 All such great things to have in your closet for instant classy outfits. 

I actually altered this skirt recently, having purchased it from Goodwill last year with the intent to do so. I used to own a similar one that I altered into a girl's skirt because it was too short for my more conservative style and had practically no extra hem to bring down...Forever 21 problems. So I was ecstatic when I found this one. 

Look how much more fabric was hiding down there in the hemline:   


So I literally took a seam ripper to it and resewed a hem using a simple top stitch (I'm lazy) and made this skirt like 4 inches longer. Much better than the original, in my opinion. 

And I love the full skirt.

It also doesn't look too shabby with the belt I made from last week's refashion:


19 comments:

  1. What wonderful colors! I love this. The lace top is perfection.

    --K
    Accordion to Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that skirt! It's the perfect length. It's amazing what you can do with a little tweaking!

    Amanda @ Running In Heels
    amandarollo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so perfect! I love the skirt & the lace & the necklace and everything! xx

    Allie @ callmesassafras.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too cute, you look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That belt is super cute! I love the look of chambray and lace together and that necklace is so fun. This outfit is so lovely and I can't believe how cheap everything is!
    Stopping by from Sunday Style.
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are ridiculously cute! And love the yellow belt too. Popping by from Transatlantic Blonde's WIWW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love thrifting, wearing dresses as tops and revamping.. Great job.. The skirt is now the perfect length..

    Popped by from Transatlantic Blonde's hop.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this and such great prices! I'm visiting from Transatlantic Blonde.
    Elizabeth
    petticoatsandpigtails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I have no idea how to do all of that you must be super talented at sewing!


    Thanks for linking up please grab the badge(or link if image isn't your thing) and comment and you are good to go!
    ✰Transatlantic Blonde✰

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute look! I love how you revapmed the fabric! Adorable bow-belt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. adorable look! the belt is so cute and girl. i love that last pose of you! so sweet!

    xoxo linds
    my style blog :: Ruby Girl

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a nice skirt! It's so good with that belt too!

    I really like the length on you, perfect! You did a great job letting the hem down :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look awesome! found you through F+F linkup!

    Tiffany Ima
    Style Honestly

    ReplyDelete
  14. Honestly, I never wear skirts, and will never wear them daily. I feel very uncomfortable in skirts, dresses, etc, for three reasons. Cold, the fact that you have to wear hose and fancy shoes, and the fact is that if you’re sensitive to cold and fabric brushing against you, sensitive to touch, it can actually be very uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Actually, I really like your belt ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've lived for several years in Poland and Serbia and wholesale clothes Poland and wholesale clothing Serbia for women are always with skirts or dresses. Women are rarely wearing trousers so you would be fitting really great!

    ReplyDelete