Saturday, August 31, 2013

DIY Dry Erase Board

I got this frame from the local thrift store two years ago with the intention of doing something with it, and never got around to it until now. It has gorgeous engraved detailing around the sides and I loved the dimensions of it. I finally got around to the project last week, and it took me about 10 minutes. Go figure.

I used some basic craft paint on the frame itself, and then took the picture out and replaced it with a white background, in order to use it as a dry erase board.

Yes, glass paneled frames work perfectly as dry erase surfaces, as do mirrors. Make a note of that, it's wonderful.

What used to be in the frame....



As you can see from the last slide, I put it up along with some hanging tree branches and adhesive bird stickers. And that pocket next to it? Literally a piece of cardboard from a package that I taped into a wall envelope and covered with an old print that I found in the trash at the art studio.

Budget home decorating at its best. Free tree branches. Free cardboard. And a frame that I think cost me like $3.50.

3 comments:

  1. I did not know that! Thank you! And I LOVE your frame arrangement. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what do you write on the glass with a regular marker or a dry erase marker?

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the contents you mentioned in post is too good and can be very useful. I will keep it in mind, thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts. Thanks
    Dry erase board

    ReplyDelete