Friday, August 23, 2013

Thrifting Together a Home

Sorry for not being very present lately! Life has been awesome and full of so many things to share, but to the extent that I don't even have the time to share because I'm too busy doing the things I want to share with you all. That probably made no sense. But whatever. 

I've been working on furnishing and decorating my new apartment, so I thought I'd do a series of posts on how that process has been going! I'll start with some of the awesome finds I've found in all of my thrifting adventures lately. For once, no clothes are involved. :) 

I found all of these things on a Goodwill run. They were each 95 cents, which was fantastic. Word of advice, if you ever need nice pyrex bowls/pans/whatever, go check the thrift store before you buy it new. There's a pretty good chance you'll find something nice. 

I'm also super excited about the owls. They're wonderful.


I also went on a yard sale adventure last weekend. And by that I mean I went to one yard sale. I found this awesome marble top coffee table for $10. Such a good steal. I'll be repainting it to fit our color scheme!


Then I went back to Goodwill for another run through a few days later, and found all this. The shelf, glass cylindrical canister, wooden container, and the painting were $1.95, and everything else was $0.95. So that was pretty great!


Someone donated a bunch of Coca Cola themed items, so I snatched this super cool vintage 6-pack container and the glass in the photo next to it. There was an unopened 6-pack from 1969 sitting in the store...which is a little gross to think about, but also really, really cool. I love old stuff.


So that's a little sneak peak at what's been up, I'll report back soon with some more home project updates! :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love your thrift store finds! My favorite is the owl. We have thrifted together a home as well, over the years. Another place we love to go to get cheap furniture is Big Lots. Love your blog! Now following you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I hope you'll show us a picture of your marble topped table after you paint it. What a find! Yay! I love thrift shopping!

    ReplyDelete