Monday, March 3, 2014

Coconut Banana Mug Cake

Woke up this morning to this:

 
Seeing as it's March and I really just miss warm weather at this point, I decided to have a lazy morning, stay in sweats, and do some concocting in the kitchen. 

Emphasis on the lazy. We ran out of clean mugs, and I wanted to experiment with microwave mug cakes, so this happened. Meet the instant Pyrex cake. Desperate times call for desperate measures...right? Yes, that terrible pun was intended.


Yes, you can judge me. It really wouldn't have been that difficult to wash out a mug.

Regardless, it was delicious. And you should try it. I didn't measure out the ingredients, but here's my ballpark estimate for what I put into it. It should be about right, let me know if you try it and think it needs a bit of tweaking!

Coconut Banana Mug Cake:

1 egg
1.5 tablespoons wheat flour
1 tablespoon self-rising flour
1 tablespoon coconut
1.5 teaspoons flax seed
1 banana, mashed
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1.5 teaspoon brown sugar or honey
1/2 tablespoon butter, melted or softened
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
dash of nutmeg, cinnamon, and splash of rum extract

Just mix it all together and zap it in the microwave for 2 minutes!





This could be an incredible dangerous discovery. But hey, it's actually pretty healthy for a "cake"! And it's outright delicious. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. this is such a sweet lifestyle blog you have here...
    xx
    http://littlemisstwiggy.blogspot.com/2014/03/sparkles.html

    ReplyDelete